about this image
Simple. Elegant. Classic. These were the words my client used to describe the overall vibe she wanted her promo images to convey. To accomplish this, I kept the background clean and free of distractions so that all of the focus would be on her, and I directed her through a series of poses to find the perfect combination of glamour with a hint of sexiness.
Ready to become a ROCKSTAR retoucher?
Check out our exclusive 2-hour Photoshop tutorial and get ready to take your images to the next level!
tools & gear used
This image was processed in Lightroom and Photoshop. I adjusted the folds of skin under the client's chin and in her armpit area, and I removed the stray hairs on her cheek. Topaz Adjust (along with a healthy dose of manual dodging & burning), was used to bring out the detail in her dress.
- Canon 5D Mark III
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens
- Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Studio Strobes
- Elinchrom 22" Beauty Dish w/ Grid
- Profoto 5' Octabank Softbox
- Westcott 42" x 18" Strip Softboxes
- Westcott 40-Degree Egg Crate Grid for 42" x 18" Strip Softboxes
- Avenger Light Stands
- Avenger Boom Arm with Counterweight
- Background image: Fotolia