about this image
Shot at Kelby Studios in January 2011, this image is a composite of three separate portraits, and was intended to be an album cover or promotional poster. Special thanks to Matt Kloskowski, my friend and co-shooter (I believe 2 of the 3 images in this composite were actually his).
All three subjects were lit using a classic 3-light setup using Elinchrom Ranger Quadras (5' octabank boomed overhead as key, and 2 gridded stripboxes on each side for rim). The rim lights were approximately 2 stops brighter than the key.
Ready to become a ROCKSTAR retoucher?
Check out our exclusive 2-hour Photoshop tutorial and get ready to take your images to the next level!
tools & gear used
- Canon 5D Mark III
- Nikon D810 FX
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S
- Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Studio Strobes
- Profoto 5' Octabank Softbox
- Westcott 42" x 18" Strip Softboxes
- Westcott 40-Degree Egg Crate Grid for 42" x 18" Strip Softboxes
- Avenger Light Stands
- Avenger Boom Arm with Counterweight