about this image
Shot back in 2010 for up-and-coming Christian rock outfit Adalee, this is a composite of 6 separate images. I explain exactly how to set up a shot like this in my posing eBook, but suffice it to say that capturing everything in-camera can be quite challenging!
Each individual band member was lit with a 22" gridded beauty dish as key, placed at a 45 degree angle and boomed overhead, as well as a stripbox for rim, placed diagonally opposite the key. In order to create the illusion that the entire band was lit simultaneously using the same light sources, I had to figure out in advance where each person would eventually be positioned in the final image (left or right of center), and then reverse the lighting setup as needed.[thrive_leads id='2363']
tools & gear used
This image was processed in Lightroom and Photoshop. The background was created using a Radial Gradient from light to dark gray.
- Canon 5D Mark III
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens
- Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Studio Strobes
- Elinchrom 22" Beauty Dish w/ Grid
- Westcott 42" x 18" Strip Softbox
- Westcott 40-Degree Egg Crate Grid for 42" x 18" Strip Softbox
- Avenger Light Stands
- Avenger Boom Arm with Counterweight